Lurie’s Children’s Hospital in Chicago, IL is currently looking to hire several Medical Assistants. For more information on the positions, please see below:
- Performs phlebotomy as directed by physician orders.
- Administers intramuscular injections, subcutaneous injections, intradermal skin testing, topical medications and ophthalmic drops.
- Works in conjunction with other staff to maximize clinic flow.
- Intervenes appropriately in emergency situations.
- Documents work in patient record either in the Electronic Medical Record or the paper chart.
- Provide back up support to front desk staff by scheduling patient visits and performing “check-in, check out” activities.
- Perform initial portion of the exam by obtaining measurements and gathering a brief patient history.
- Assist physicians with difficult exams.
- Assists in the retrieval and delivery of medications and pharmaceutical products that are dispensed from the pharmacy to the appropriate patient care provider/s in a timely manner.
- Stocks and maintains the clinic area which includes changing needle boxes when 2/3 full
- Evaluates and documents changes to the plan whether that be in the electronic medical record or in the paper chart.
- Demonstrates knowledge of pertinent aspects and competency with protocols related to the use of chemical disinfection, high level disinfection, and sterilization if required at part of the responsibilities of the role.
- Other job functions as assigned.
- Successful completion of an accredited medical assistant program. Some college preferred.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant desired.
- Basic Life Support certification from the American Heart Association.
Health/Medical, Dental, Vision & Wellness, Savings & Life Insurance, Paid Time Off & Discounts, Professional Development & Tuition Assistance
To apply, please send your resume to Denise Alexander at email@example.com and indicate the name of the position and company you are applying for. Also, please complete an application on their website as well using the link below: