Winter 2021 Enrollment is now open
Start the AAS in Business Administration Program in Skokie or Naperville locations in Winter and receive $600 per term discount.
The Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration program is designed for students who plan to learn more about business and become professional in the field. It delves into the intricacies of business planning, functions and the essential process of entrepreneurship. Through coursework and optional externship opportunities, students will become knowledgeable in practice in management theories, business ethics, accounting, finance, marketing, management, and business operations.
Additionally, students will actively engage in practical business decision-making and gain essential knowledge in project management as well as business analysis. The emphasis is on the mastery of the concepts and their practical applications.
Coursework includes classes such as:
- Principles of Management
- Organizational Theory and Behavior
- Principles of Accounting
- Customer Relationship Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Introduction to Finance
- Business Operations
- Fundamentals of Business Analysis
- Project Management
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a knowledge base in business administration;
- Demonstrate knowledge in accounting, management theory, and marketing;
- Communicate and interact as effective members of the administration team;
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically;
- Effectively engage in decision-making in business;
- Demonstrate professional ethical practice.
Although not required for the program completion, the externship course will assist students in further developing and refining competencies and skills learned in the classroom.
The externship course will:
- Enhance a student’s career and personal development;
- Provide learning experiences that support the program objectives and course material covered in case studies and lectures;
- Validate the program’s curriculum in a working environment;
- Help to develop more competitive and employable graduates;
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of business operation occupations is projected to grow 5-9% percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations, adding about 210,800 new jobs.*
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 2016 wage data and 2016-2026 employment projections . “Projected growth” represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2016-2026). “Projected job openings” represent openings due to growth and replacement.