Winter 2021 Enrollment is now open
The Associate of Applied Science in Accounting program is designed to meet the needs of business and the industry for qualified entry-level accountants. Students will receive instruction to gain mastery of the principles, methods, procedures, techniques, concepts, and operations of accounting and computerized accounting systems.
Students will be introduced to general business concepts and skills as they relate to accounting principles and theory, financial accounting, managerial accounting, cost accounting, budget control, tax accounting, legal aspects of accounting, auditing, reporting procedures, financial statement analysis, business information systems, accounting research methods, professional standards and ethics.
The Associate of Applied Science in Accounting aims at providing premier career-focused education to empower students with academic training, technical expertise, and professional support to launch or advance their successful careers in the accounting industry. The emphasis is on mastery of the concepts and their practical applications.
The Associate of Applied Science in Accounting program prepares students to:
- Demonstrate knowledge base in accounting principles and practices, financial markets, banking, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Utilize computer applications such as QuickBooks and Excel in business management
- Exhibit the skill set of effectively engaging in decision-making in business with the use of generated data.
- Proficiently use computer applications to prepare accurate and timely financial information in accordance with established standards.
- Evaluate the financial health of a company utilizing ratio analysis.
- Exhibit problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to function well in a team-oriented environment.
The Associate of Applied Science in Accounting program prepares competent entry-level accountants in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.