If you are an international student who is currently in the U.S. and would like to transfer from another school, follow the requirements and application checklist below.
1. Complete Midwestern Career College’s online Application Form.
All prospective students must submit an application for admission. If more information is needed, an admissions representative may contact the applicant. All information given to admissions is important and must be truthful and accurate. Any section that is not completed or that contains misleading or inaccurate information may jeopardize consideration for admissions to the College.
2. Pay a nonrefundable application fee of $100.
3. Provide a copy of F-1 Visa, passport and I-94 Form.
4. Ask your current school’s adviser or DSO to fill out the Transfer Request Form and provide the completed form to MCC.
5. Provide proof of sufficient funds:
If you are paying for your own tuition and fees:
Provide an original bank statement issued within 45 days from the date of application.
If someone else is paying for your tuition and fees:
US citizen or resident: an original Form I-134 (Affidavit of Support) and their original bank statement issued within 45 days from the date of application
Non-US citizen or resident: a notarized affidavit of support letter their original bank statement issued within 45 days from the date of application.
The bank statement should show the minimum funds:
AAS in Business Administration, Marketing, Accounting: $14,000/year
AAS in MRI, DMS: $27,000/year
AAS in NICVS: $25,500/year
Each Dependent: additional $3,000/year for VESL/ESL and $4,000/year for all other programs
View Financial Affidavit of Support Requirements
6. Provide a translated and evaluated copy of your high school diploma or fill out a High School Attestation Form.
High School graduation is required for admission to all programs.
7. Provide a translated and evaluated copy of your College/University Transcripts and/or Diploma/Certificate.
All transcripts that are not from an American institution must be evaluated. All evaluations must be completed by an approved NACES agency. Transcripts in a language other than English must also include an official English translation. Any costs incurred for evaluation and/or translation services are the responsibility of the student and must be paid directly to the agency performing the service. Students who wish to transfer academic credit must order a course-by-course evaluation. Students submitting foreign transcripts to satisfy a credential requirement (for example, to provide documentation of High School graduation) can submit a general evaluation showing equivalency of their credential to the one in the United States.
MCC has partnered with SpanTran to create a custom application for Midwestern Career College that will make sure you select the right kind of evaluation at a discounted rate. You can access their application here: SpanTran Application – Midwestern Career College.
8. Prospective Students applying for the Vocational English as a Second Language Program (VESL) must provide proof that they have basic workplace skills (Higher Education credentials, industry recognized certification(s), or 3rd. party work experience verification).
9. Provide a copy of I-20s from all U.S. schools previously attended.
10. Provide a copy of optional practical training (OPT) documents, if any.
11. Provide a copy of SSN card (if applicable)
12. Provide marriage certificate, if married
13. Provide birth certificate (s) for child dependent (s), if any.
14. After the documents listed above are submitted and approved, applicants must take the online or on-campus entrance placement exam.
15. If the applicant passes the entrance exam, their entire profile will be reviewed by the International Student Admissions Office. If the student is accepted, they will receive a letter of admissions into Midwestern Career College and they may begin their enrollment process with their International Admission’s Adviser.
More on international students