Online Learning Manager
MCC has a position open for an Online Learning Manager. The Online Learning Manager provides instructional support and training to faculty, staff, and students for online and computer-based course design and delivery. The position reports to the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for training, coaching, and monitoring faculty, staff, and student use of educational technology and D2L-Brightspace.
• Coordinates the online new faculty training course.
• Assists in providing coverage for the D2L-Brightspace helpdesk.
• Oversees monthly course copying operations.
• Designs and oversees training and instructional design activity, which assists faculty members with the integration of technology into their classroom pedagogy.
• Manages online survey tools to assess the effectiveness of academic courses.
• Maintains and expands knowledge of eLearning trends, innovations, research, and best practices.
• Collaborates with academic programs to provide technical training targeted to their disciplines.
• Oversees and manages third-party digital solution implementation and maintenance.
• Provides periodic assessment and evaluation of master course shells for quality assurance.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Education, Instructional Technology or related field. Knowledge of educational technology, and learning management systems (preferably D2L-Brightspace).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Passionate belief in the power of education along with the desire to help others fulfill their academic, professional, and personal goals;
• Proven ability to work independently and manage a volume of activities efficiently;
• Consistent willingness to go “above and beyond” to serve students;
• Skill in communicating both oral and written thoughts, ideas, and facts clearly and concisely and in interpreting verbal and nonverbal cues that lead to a deeper understanding;
• Skill in interpreting complex verbal and numerical information accurately;
• Proven ability to work cooperatively to build effective teams;
• Willingness to demonstrate professional, ethical, respectful, and courteous behavior when interacting with others;
• Understanding of relevant government and accrediting agency standards, laws, and regulations.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com. We can’t wait to meet you!
Return to Top