If you are non-U. S citizen or permanent Resident (green card holder) who is already in the U.S. and would like a change your status to an F-1 International student, follow the requirements and application checklist below.
1. Complete Midwestern Career College’s online Application Form.
All prospective students must submit an application for admission. If more information is needed, an admissions representative may contact the applicant. All information given to admissions is important and must be truthful and accurate. Any section that is not completed or that contains misleading or inaccurate information may jeopardize consideration for admissions to the College.
2. Pay a nonrefundable application fee of $500.
3. Copy of F-1 Visa, passport and I-94 Form.
4. Proof of sufficient funds:
If you are paying for your own tuition and fees:
Provide an original bank statement issued within 45 days from the date of application.
If someone else is paying for your tuition and fees:
US citizen or resident: an original Form I-134 (Affidavit of Support) and their original bank statement issued within 45 days from the date of application
Non-US citizen or resident: a notarized affidavit of support letter their original bank statement issued within 45 days from the date of application.
The bank statement should show the minimum funds:
AAS in Business Administration: $12,500/year
AAS in MRI/NICVS/DMS: $20,000/year
View Financial Affidavit of Support Requirements
5. Provide a translated and evaluated copy of your high school diploma or fill out a High School Attestation Form.
High School graduation is required for admission to all programs.
6. Provide a translated and evaluated copy of your College/University Transcripts and/or Diploma/Certificate.
All documents that are not from a U.S institution must be evaluated. All evaluations must be completed by an approved NACES agency. Transcripts in a language other than English must also include an official English translation.
If you would like to transfer credits into one of MCC’s Associate Degree programs, your transcripts must be evaluated on a course-by course basis. Otherwise, only general evaluation to determine US equivalency is required.
7. Prospective Students applying for English as a Second Language Program (ESL) must provide proof that they have basic workplace skills (Higher Education credentials, industry recognized certification(s), or 3rd. party work experience verification).
8. Take placement tests, if applicable.
9. A letter of explanation stating why you would like to change your status (Change of Status Explanation Letter – 539) and study at Midwestern Career College.
11. Pay $370 for the I-539 filing fee.
After your change of status has been approved: