Winter 2021 Enrollment is now open!
For information, please contact (312) 236-9000 EXT. 2 or email@example.com.
|Registration & Payment Deadline||01/04/2021|
|Term Start Date||01/11/2021|
|Term End Date||03/29/2021|
This program is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
Professional English is designed for advanced (C2) English language learners who wish to develop language and communication skills needed to work effectively with English-speaking clients or in English-speaking workplaces. Students will acquire workplace vocabulary; an understanding of US workplace communication norms; speaking clarity and fluency in formal and informal exchanges; collaboration skills; and the ability to compose common types of business writing. Through reading and discussion, role plays, presentations, writing and collaborative projects, and the creation of portfolios, students will gain the vocabulary as well as the reading, writing, speaking, listening, and cultural skills necessary to pursue English language–related professional goals.
Professional English Courses:
- Professional English
- Presentation Skills for English Language Learners
- English Skills for Success
- Interpersonal Communication Skills in the United States
- Business Writing for English Language Learners
- Professional English for Marketing
To take Professional English courses, students must complete ESL060 Advanced Grammar, Reading, Listening and Speaking, and Writing courses or earn a minimum total score of C2 Advanced on the Michigan EPT.
Students will build English workplace vocabulary and language skills enabling them to speak confidently as well as accurately write and interpret written and oral business-oriented English. More specifically, students will:
- Demonstrate English reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills at a level sufficient to communicate effectively with English speakers in work situations.
- Apply principles of effective interpersonal, cross-cultural, and nonverbal communication.
- Collaborate effectively with classroom work partners and in classroom work groups.
- Use clear and correct English to complete a variety of business-related written tasks, including emails, memos, agendas, minutes, summaries, and proposals.
- Promote one’s own skills and professional assets in documents written in English and oral interviews conducted in English.
- Tuition: $1,500 per 11-week term
- Technology Fee: $90 per term
- Books: FREE
- This program does not qualify for Title IV financial aid assistance.
Midwestern Career College offers flexible schedules. 2-day a week and weekend classes are available. Students must attend classes 18 hours per week.
Convenient Locations in Downtown Chicago and Skokie
Chicago (Main Campus)
100 South Wacker Dr., LL1-50
Chicago IL, 60606
- CTA Trains: Washington/Wells stop on the CTA Red, Blue, Brown, Green, Pink and Orange lines
- Ogilvie Transportation Center (Metra)
- Union Station (Metra and Amtrak)
Chicago LaSalle (Branch Campus)
203 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60601
Discounted parking close to Chicago Main campus and Chicago LaSalle Branch is available at 230 West Washington Avenue with student ID.
For parking instructions for our Downtown locations click here.
Skokie (Campus Extension)
Skokie campus extension offers free parking.
Learn English in Chicago