Winter 2021 Enrollment is now open!
For information, please contact (312) 236-9000 EXT. 2 or email@example.com.
|Registration & Payment Deadline||01/04/2021|
|Term Start Date||01/11/2021|
|Term End Date||03/29/2021|
This program is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
Integrated Communication Skills in English course explores common constructions in English to help students build practical English language skills. Through integrated listening, speaking, reading, and writing activities, students will apply grammatical concepts and functional language to understand and respond to spoken and written exchanges. This intensive class includes both group and individualized instruction.
After successfully completing this program/course, students should be able to:
- Use target vocabulary in sentences.
- Take notes while listening to passages.
- Use notes to answer questions including main idea, detail, inference, and organization questions.
- Make logical predictions about text after previewing it.
- Scan a text to find specific information.
- Read a passage and answer main idea, detail, inference, and/or organization questions.
- Answer critical-thinking questions after listening to and reading passages.
- Prepare and deliver presentations that demonstrate target skills and principles. Apply target grammar and usage principles.
- Compose a body paragraph that logically supports and develops the topic sentence.
- Tuition: $1,500 per 11-week term
- Technology Fee: $90 per term
- Books: FREE
- This program does not qualify for Title IV financial aid assistance.
Midwestern Career College offers flexible schedules. 2-day a week and weekend classes are available. Students must attend classes 18 hours per week.
Convenient Locations in Downtown Chicago, Skokie and Naperville
Chicago (Main Campus)
100 South Wacker Dr., LL1-50
Chicago IL, 60606
- CTA Trains: Washington/Wells stop on the CTA Red, Blue, Brown, Green, Pink and Orange lines
- Ogilvie Transportation Center (Metra)
- Union Station (Metra and Amtrak)
Chicago LaSalle (Branch Campus)
203 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60601
Discounted parking close to Chicago Main campus and Chicago LaSalle Branch is available at 230 West Washington Avenue with student ID.
For parking instructions for our Downtown locations click here.
Skokie (Campus Extension)
Skokie campus extension offers free parking.
Naperville (Campus Extension)
200 East 5th Avenue Suite 128
Naperville, IL 60563
Naperville campus extension offers free parking