Here is a brief description of necessary forms, documents and fees included in the process of obtaining F1 student visa in your home country (interview in a U.S. embassy or consulate required).

Application Form

International students must submit an application for admission. If more information is needed an admissions representative may contact the applicant. All information given to admissions is important and must be truthful and accurate. Any section that is not completed or that contains misleading or inaccurate information may jeopardize consideration for admissions to the university.


Affidavit of Support (Proof of Availability of Funds)

Prospective international students are required to demonstrate proof of availability of funds when they apply for an F-1 student visa, regardless of whether they are inside or outside of the United States at the time of application.

USCIS (United States Custom and Imigration Services) counselors or officers at the local U.S. embassy must ensure that students can live in the U.S. and pay their tuition without working. Proof of availability of funds can be demonstrated either directly by prospective students or indirectly through sponsorship.

Prospective students who are at least 21 years of age may provide a letter from their bank showing availability of funds in accounts under their name. The total balance of all accounts should be greater than $31,000 for Healthcare Programs and $11,400 for ESL Program. Banks may be located either inside or outside the United States. However, the letter must be either in English or translated into English by a notarized translator. All account balances must be stated in or translated into dollars.

To provide proof availability of funds through sponsorship, a U.S. citizen or a legal resident of the U.S. must fill out Affidavit of Support (I-134 form) declaring his or her intent to support the student with tuition, room and board, and living costs. Form I-134 does not constitute legal obligation, but is solely a declaration of intent. The sponsor also needs to provide a letter from his or her bank, reflecting existence of funds (minimum $31,000 for Healthcare Programs and $11,400 for ESL, preferably in the savings account, plus $4,000 additionally for each dependent, such as a spouse or children). The sponsor also must provide a letter from his or her employer stating annual salary or a copy of the prior year’s federal tax return.

In cases where parents sponsor the student, they need to make an official declaration through a letter notarized by a notary public that they will provide support for room and board, living expenses and transportation costs and that they will also cover the tuition for the duration of the student’s entire course of study. Parents also must provide a letter from a bank showing a current balance of at least $31,000 for Healthcare Programs and $11,400 for ESL per student. Letters should be in English and notarized by notary public. Students must present their birth certificate as well.


Official high school, college or university transcripts are required. They must be in English or translated into English. Transcripts form foreign universities must be evaluated by an acceptable US based agency ( in order to transfer credits to Midwestern Career College.

Tuition and Fees

Students must be prepared to finance their education individually or from outside sources. Midwestern Career College financial aid and scholarships are not available to cover tuition.

  • For healthcare programs, the annual tuition varies by program, up to $13,000.
  • For the English as a Second Language program, the tuition is $1,500 per term with a $90 lab fee.

No scholarships are available for this program.

Related Useful Links

Questions? Contact Us

If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Izabela Shamanava, Director of International Admissions, by telephone at (312) 236-9000, by fax at (312) 277-1007, or by email at

request information

Accessibility Toolbar