The AAS in Information Technology program is accredited by the Council of Education and approved by the Illinois Department of Higher Education.
The curriculum for the Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology program was designed by Forte Group, a professional software firm.
The mission of the Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology program is to provide career-focused education in entry-level IT. Students will be instructed in principles of project management, risk management, procurement and contract management, information security management, software management, organizational principles and behavior, communications, quality assurance, financial analysis, leadership, and team effectiveness.
Upon completion of MCC’s AAS in Information Technology program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a knowledge base in information technology principles and practices, information security management, and quality assurance testing
- Program in computer languages such as Java, SQL, HTML and CSS
- Design, develop, and manage information technology projects in a variety of companies and organizations using the Scrum methodology
- Proficiently use computer applications for computer networking, databases, and web design
- Perform software quality assurance testing
- Exhibit problem solving skills
- Demonstrate the ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
- Prepare for several IT certifications including ISTBQB Foundation Level Certification,
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification, and Cisco certified network associate (CCNA) or A+ or Network certifications