VITALSKIN DERMATOLOGY POSITION DESCRIPTION – MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Full-time, 36-40 hours per week
COMPENSATION $15 to $20 an hour, dependent on experience
LOCATION/HOME OFFICE Current Chicago locations: Bucktown, Oak Park & Streeterville
SCHEDULED HOURS Normal hours of Operation
REPORTS TO Clinical Supervisor, Clinical Manager and Practice Administrator
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Provides clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality,
efficient care. Direct patient communication, critical thinking and
problem solving, working directly with Providers in the clinical setting.
• Must possess critical thinking skills, flexibility, and a positive attitude
• Strong organizational skills
• Some travel required to other clinical office as needed.
• Friendly, cheerful, and helpful to patients and others. Ability to meet patients and others needs while
following office policies and procedures.
• 1+ years’ experience in a medical office or other healthcare setting
• Previous experience as a Medical Assistant
• Medical office front desk experience
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
• Familiarity of third-party payer systems: Medicare, Medicaid, commercial and Department of Health
• Prolonged periods of sitting/standing and working at a computer
• Must be able to lift 15lbs at times
• Assists Providers with patient office visits: rooming patients, collecting, and presenting History of Presenting
Illness (HPI), enter pertinent medical history, updated medications,
• obtain consents, print relevant handouts, provide quotes, record vital signs (e.g., pulse rate, blood pressure,
height, and weight)
• Proficient use of Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and EMN, to find patient history, pathology, and other
• Prepares and reviews patient chart prior to patient’s appointment. Reviews charts for completeness
ensuring all required information is included; notes any deficiencies and utilizes all resources internal as well
as external to correct
• Organizes exam rooms, including general cleaning, upkeep, and re-stocking of supplies.
• Initiation and completion of biologic prior authorizations
• Set up procedure trays (e.g., shave, punch, EE, Botox, and fillers)
• Provide basic care instructions for post biopsy and wound care
• Performs administrative tasks, including form completions, prescription refills, referrals, and patient
• Answers phones, takes messages and troubleshoots patient calls
• Assists with scheduling, rescheduling, confirming appointments and verifying patient
• Scans all pertinent information into the electronic health record system
• Initiation and completion of prescription
• Assists in the ordering, receiving, and stocking of office supplies.
• Assists with other related front desk clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, scanning, collating, and
• Other duties as assigned.