Hemodialysis Technician- Full time evening shift
The University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System (UI Health) is seeking three full-time Hemodialysis Technician I to join our team of healthcare professionals. Under the clinical supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN), the Hemodialysis Technician delivers patient care utilizing the Relationship-Based Care model as a framework. The Hemodialysis Technician provides care and takes initiative to improve hemodialysis patient outcomes by supporting Shared Leadership, Evidence Based Practice, Relationship Based Care and standards of nursing excellence in clinical practice. Through therapeutic relationships with patients, families, self and colleagues, the Hemodialysis Technician functions as an interdisciplinary team member who provides patient care and fulfill Dialysis unit and UI Health organizational goals. The primary function of this position is to give dialysis therapy to patients in renal failure.
The work schedule will be rotating evenings and mornings.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Delivers and performs dialysis therapy including tasks involving patient care during the therapy such as monitoring the emotional, physical, physiological and chemical condition of the patient, ensuring the stability of the patient through proper techniques and recording the data on the hemodialysis flow sheet.
- Discontinues treatment, gathers and provides reports of patients’ status to the appropriate service and/or in writing at the designated areas, all important information of the proceeding hemodialysis treatment.
- Initiates treatment via venipuncture or by sterile connection of a double lumen catheter
- Performs Point of Care testing as assigned.
- Measures and records vital signs, notifies RN of any abnormalities/changes.
- Obtains and records pre-treatment data from the patient, calculates the amount of weight to be removed and follows the complete Renal Physician’s dialysis prescription until the hemodialysis procedure has been completed.
- Notifies the nurses of unusual changes in the patient’s condition.
- Reacts under emergency conditions to acute changes in the condition of the patient including possible cardiac arrest procedures
- Participates in all training programs and dialysis rounds.
- Complies with UI Health infection control guidelines and other Regulatory requirements Other duties as assigned.
1. Possession of at least one valid certification:
a. Nephrology Nursing Certification (NNCC) as a Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT)
b. Board of Nephrology Examiners Nursing and Technology (BONENT) as a Certified Hemodialysis Technician/Technologist (CHT)
c. National Nephrology Certification Organization (NNCO) with a Certification in Clinical Nephrology Technology (CCNT)
- Current AHA BLS/CPR and other required unit-specific certifications
To Apply: For fullest consideration, please fully complete an online application by clicking the button below.
Fully complete all sections of the online application including adding your full work history with specific details of your duties & responsibilities for each position held. Fully complete the education, licensure, certification and language sections.
You may upload a resume, cover letter, certifications, licensures, transcripts and diplomas within the document section of your online application.
All civil service positions require an exam. The exam for this position is a Credentials Assessment. You will not be required to report in person for this exam.
Credential Assessment Exam Scoring Information:
You will not be required to report in person for this exam. The updated online application and all uploaded, relevant documents, such as a resume, college transcript, certifications and licensures will be used in the calculation of the exam score. These documents should be uploaded prior to the position close date.
When completing your online application, please be sure to provide detailed information about your job knowledge and specific duties and responsibilities, as your qualifications for any Civil Service position will be primarily determined based on what is contained in the application. Dates of employment and if employed on a full or part time basis (including number of hours per week) must be indicated for each position held. Additional consideration will be given to supporting documentation i.e. resume, transcripts, licenses, and certifications so please be sure to attach all applicable documents.
If an application is not fully completed and submitted by the close date, the applicant/employee will not be considered for this position.
For fullest consideration, the above mentioned requirements must be submitted no later than 5/2/22.
For additional information regarding this position please contact Nadia Saleh in Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.