Diagnostic Service Tech
Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, IL is currently looking to hire a Diagnostic Service Tech. For more details on the position, please see below:
The primary responsibility is to contribute to the efficient flow of patients into and out of their primary area by assisting the technologist in direct patient care, room prep, image processing and retrieval, record keeping, supply inventory/storage handling of phones and maintenance of the work environment. Exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures including complying with all Rush University Medical Center Customer Service Standards.
- Assists in the provision of quality patient care as defined by departmental and Age Specific standards of care.
- Provides care and oversight of patients in the prep areas of the Diagnostic Services Department under the auspices of the Radiologist.
- Actively interacts with patients and family members to assure they are properly prepared for their imaging exam and any issues or needs are addressed.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the performance and processing of ECGs and provides support of the ECG Department on an as needed or scheduled basis.
- Provides flexibility in work schedule. Must be able to assume assigned shift between 6am – 2am 7 days/week.
- Provides basic care needs of the patient while in Diagnostic Services Department in support of the Nurse or Tech.
- Basic competency in performance and processing of ECGs. Performs ECGs in Diagnostic Holding Area when needed.
- Available for assignment to ECG Department staffing rotations.
- Basic competency in performance of Point of Care (POC) test and documentation of results in EPIC
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Assists technologists in the performance of radiology procedures, including, but not limited to prepping patient and room and positioning patient for procedure.
- Produces work in an efficient manner that meets the departmental productivity standards.
- Maintains work environment in a manner that meets departmental and regulatory requirements.
- Has a working knowledge of the Radiology Information System and PACS.
- Reports supply shortage or equipment failure to section supervisor.
- Follows work and patient schedules.
- Maintains logs and documentation as per departmental protocol.
- Stocks department and individual work areas.
Position Qualifications Include:
- High School or GED required
- Prior formal clinical training is required. This may include CMA, CNA, PCT, EMT, corpsman, paramedic, and nursing or medical student experience
- Should have experience with computerized office systems, medical records documentation, patient confidentiality regulations, and medical terminology.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Competency in IV starts.
- Requires full range body motion including handling and lifting patients when necessary.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills and initiative.
- Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country, Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving patient care.
- Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital w/ 664 licensed beds.
- Ranked among the top 20 “Best Places to Work” by Indeed.
- In U.S. News & World Report’s 2017-2018 Best Hospitals issue, Rush ranked among the top 50 hospitals in 8 of 16 categories.
- Rush University Medical Center received five stars in a quality rating system by the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Rush University Medical Center is the only five-star academic medical center in the Chicago area.
- Rush has been named one of the 100 Top Hospitals in the country by Truven Health Analytics three times.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To apply, please send your resume to Nadia Saleh at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the email the name of the position and the company you are applying for.