Patient Care Technician
Rush University Medical Center is currently looking to hire Patient Care Technicians. For more information about the positions, please see the description below:
Job Description: Patient Care Technician (PCT)
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) performs a variety of clinical and environmental tasks under the direction of the Registered Nurse. The PCT duties are of a technical nature requiring specialized training and skill. The PCT demonstrates the ability to care for patients of all ages in the clinical setting. The PCT exemplifies the Rush mission, vision, and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
- Assists the RN in the delivery of patient care.
- Transports patients and (other) items as needed.
- Competently utilizes technology.
- Maintains a safe and orderly, well equipped environment.
- Demonstrates a professional work style in interactions with internal and external customers
- This is a representative description of duties for the position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties which may be required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Prior formal clinical training is required. This may include CMA, CNA, PCT, EMT, corpsman, paramedic, nursing or medical student experience.
- Prior clinical experience in an acute care setting is preferred.
- Successful completion of the institutional screening examination is required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Work requires the ability to walk throughout the Medical Center and to be standing or walking most of the designated shift.
- Work conditions include performing procedures where carelessness could result in injury or illness and/or contact with potentially infectious materials and/or strong chemical agents.
1653 W Congress Pkwy
Chicago, IL 60612
Compensation and Benefits:
Rush offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits & the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development & recognizes your achievements.
To apply, please send your resume to Denise Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the name of the company and position.