Coordinates clinic activities including, coordinating all template management, scheduling, greeting and acknowledging patients throughout the check-in and check-out process, and coordinating referral and insurance authorizations, coordinating all telephone activities and troubleshooting business issues. The employee who holds this position exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures, including complying with all Rush University Medical Group Customer Service and Performance Standards.
- Works with minimal supervision. Resolves office problems and facilitates solutions, confers with supervisor to resolve more complex issues, assists in preparing ad hoc reports, assists in training of new employees, generates letters requested by physician or patient, per office protocol.
- Manages physician’s template and schedule in EPIC.
- Enters, per office protocol, non-medication orders and/or referrals. Performs pre-certification of orders, procedures and surgeries.
- Performs data entry of in-patient or procedural professional charges as assigned.
- Collects time of service payments, posts payments in EPIC, and reconciles end-of-day receipts.
- Answers patient billing questions, coordinates set-up of payment plans, and refers as necessary to appropriate RUMC resources.
- Contacts insurance providers and obtain pre-authorizations
- Schedules, cancels and reschedules patient appointments, procedures, and surgeries.
- Appropriately transfers patients to pre-registration for insurance verification per RUMG policy.
- Greets and acknowledges patients at the front desk, checks patients in and out of the clinic, and performs practice designated activities to support new patients.
- Accesses EPIC to retrieve referrals, orders and other documentation and contacts various outside agencies to obtain referrals and other documentation.
- Coordinates administrative office functions as assigned including completion of EPIC administrative in-box messages.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college coursework highly preferred.
- Two or more year’s medical office experience required.
- Intermediate knowledge or Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
Full-Time + Benefits
To apply, please send your resume to Denise Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the name of the company and position.