MRI Technologist Full Time Second Shift
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
**This is a Full Time position at 40hrs per week located at Lake Forest Hospital. Schedule is as follows: Sunday 11a-7:30p, Monday through Thursday, 12:30p-9p. On-call and holiday rotation is required.**
The MRI Technologist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Administers gadolinium contrast intravenously, screens for allergies and contraindications.
- Positions patient on examining table and places coil close to area of interest, follows exam protocols, reviews physician’s orders and consults with radiologist on questionable orders/protocols.
- Enters data such as anatomical area to be scanned, orientation specified and position of entry into computer.
- Communicates with patient before procedure to obtain history, explain risks and what can be expected; communicates during procedure to monitor safety and comfort.
- Keys commands to specify MRI scan sequences and adjust parameters and slice positioning appropriate to the exam and patient anatomy.
- Alerts patients and staff of danger of wearing or carrying metal near the magnet.
- Views images of area being scanned on video display screen to ensure quality of images.
- Ensures that patient (staff/visitor) completes the MRI screening form. Reviews written form, discusses verbally with patient for contraindications and signs form. Investigates and clears as safe any potential ferromagnetic foreign objects/implants before exposing the patient to the magnetic field.
- Receives and reviews orders, coordinates schedule, prioritizes urgent exams and obtains wet reads.
- Maintains and cleans work area and equipment; replenishes supplies as needed.
- Adheres to MRI safety guidelines, policies and procedures. Controls and evaluates for safe entry of all persons, objects, supplies and equipment into the MRI environment.
- Ensures all exams are ordered correctly in HIS/RIS and charged and tracked accurately.
- Initiates service calls for equipment problems.
- ARRT – 2 to 3 years of undergraduate education or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of related work experience
- BLS through American Heart Association
- ARRT (MR)
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
**Northwestern Medicine is looking to hire several MRI positions. This one specifically is for the full time second shift, but they have several part time, and floater positions available as well. To apply for the job, or search for similar ones use the link below. Once you have applied email your resume to Nadia Saleh in Career Services at email@example.com