Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician- Palos Heights Part Time
About NANI: NANI is the nation’s largest Nephrology practice. We have provided excellence in specialty kidney care for over 50 years. NANI’s nephrology practices are primarily operated in northern Illinois and throughout northern and central Indiana, with additional locations in New Jersey. NANI’s scope of care and services includes difficult-to-control hypertension, kidney disease, kidney injury, kidney transplant, and related services, as well as groundbreaking and lifesaving clinical research and consulting services.
NANI offers a variety of employee benefits including medical, dental and vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off and a 401(k)-retirement plan.
The Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) will be responsible for providing exceptional hemodialysis care to patients under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum 1 year experience as a CHHT required
- Ability to communicate effectively with Physicians, patients, hospital, and hemodialysis staff
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines effectively
Education and Certifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current CCHT, Bonent or State required certification
- Current CPR card
- Entering prescribed treatment into dialysis machine, setting up dialysis machines, mix dialysate according to formula, dismantling dialysis machine after treatment is comp0leted, performing chemical disinfection of dialysis machines and recording.
- Observing dialysis machines and RO (reverse osmosis) water system for correct functioning, responding to visual and audible alarms, and making appropriate adjustments throughout the dialysis treatment to ensure patient safety.
- Monitoring vital signs during treatment an taking patient vital signs pre and post dialysis, blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate, weight and docume3nting it on the hemodialysis treatment in electronic charting.
- Perform vascular access evaluation pre-treatment and report unusual findings to RN immediately.
- Perform cannulation of patient’s vascular access or performing catheter care.
- Obtain homeostasis and apply appropriate dressings.
- Reviews laboratory work, collecting or obtaining blood samples, blood glucose monitoring and blood culture specimens.
- Immediately reports abnormal findings or change in status to assigned RN for further evaluation.
- Communicates all emergencies, patient life threatening complications, and related situations to the attention of the RN for further instruction.
- Maintains compliance wit5h safety, HIPAA, and infection prevention measures, ensuring patient safety.
- Reinforces education with patients on all aspects of end stage renal disease.
- Assists in the management of Bbraun, pHoenix meter, RO water machine and inventory supplies
- Document parameter, cleans and disinfect dialysis machine, pHoenix meter and RO water system accordingly.
· Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. Moving, lifting or t4ranferring of patient6s may involve lifting of up to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to pass the Ishihara’s color blindness test
Pay: $20.00 – $23.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- BONENT CHT (Preferred)
- CCHT (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
****If interested in applying for the job please send your updated resume and cover letter to Nadia Saleh in Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and job of interest.