Mobilevax is currently looking to hire Medical Assistants for several roles throughout the Chicagoland area. Mobilevax is a mobile COVID-19 vaccination service who has partnered with the City of Chicago to help mass vaccinate as well as perform COVID-19 rapid & PCR testing.
We are looking for full-time, part-time, as well as per diem positions to be filled at our mass vaccination sites as well as at our standing clinics in Chicago. For more details on the positions, please see below:
Medical Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Helps patients by providing information, services, and assistance.
- Maintains medical supplies inventory and performing preventive maintenance to keep medical equipment operating.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, and confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for COVID-19 vaccination and testing
- Saves doctors’ & NPs time by helping with office procedures.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; and keeping patient information confidential.
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician’s orders
- Preparing charts and consent forms.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards; facility policies and procedures; and federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Medical Assistant Qualifications/Skills:
- Supply management
- Verbal communication
- Infection control
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Customer focus
- Medical teamwork
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- 1+ years in a medical office a plus but not necessary, we have on the job training.
- Experience with EMR a plus (electronic medical records), medical terminology
- Previous experience in specific medical field preferred, but not required.
Work Hours & Benefits:
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Pay: $18.00 per hour
- Mass Vaccination Days and hours vary
- Full time on site clinic hours are: Monday – Friday: 9am-5pm
To apply please send your resume to Denise Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the email the name of the position and company you are apply for.