MedTec Health Care – Homecare Aide
MedTec Healthcare is a mission-driven, for-profit homecare & adult daycare provider that serves the aging population in the Chicagoland area. We help clients maintain their independence through all types of in-home support (e.g., meal-prep, cooking, cleaning, bathing) and encourage lifelong learning and community-building through our adult day care centers.
MedTec is experiencing continual growth and is investing in the internal recruitment process to improve its current operations with the goal of delivering the highest levels of client outcomes, accelerating its already strong growth trajectory.
Homecare aides spend their time working directly with our aging clients to ensure that their basic, non-medical needs are met. Our services enable our clients to stay in their home by helping with general activities of daily living. Homecare aides provide holistic physical and social support right from our clients’ homes. Homecare aides can provide care without needing any licenses or certifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Client care: Helping clients move around the house, medication reminders, transporting clients to and from their doctor’s appointments, other basic day to day tasks, etc.
· Household care: Light cleaning, helping clients to do their laundry, prepping meals and cooking, etc.
· Emotional care: Providing companionship and emotional support while engaging in meaningful conversations with the client
· Assist clients with personal grooming and toileting, if needed
To be a strong candidate for the position, you will need:
· High-school diploma or general education diploma (GED); or at least one year of documented experience in working as a homemaker or in childcare
· Caring, passionate, and patient personality
· Sensitivity to cultural diversity
· Reliable form of transportation (to reach the client’s place of residence)
· Excellent communication skills
· Willingness to learn new skills
Hiring for both Full-Time and Part-Time positions
To apply, please send your resume to Career Services at email@example.com and indicate in the email the name of the company and position you are applying for.