Areas Available: General & Breast Imaging
Registry, Part-Time, Full-Time Available
**New Grads welcome**
Loyola Medical Center, Maywood, IL
MacNeal Hospital, Berwyn, IL
In this role the Ultrasound Technologist, under the general supervision of an attending radiologist, and in accordance with department protocols, the ultra-sonographer utilizes high frequency sound waves and other diagnostic techniques to produce and evaluate ultrasound images and related data which is used by physicians in rendering a medical diagnosis resulting in quality patient care.
Performs and demonstrates competence in ultrasonic scanning procedures by producing, assessing and evaluating ultrasound images and related data that are used by physicians to render a medical diagnosis.
Major Work Activities
- Recognizing, identifying and appropriately documenting normal anatomy, abnormalities, disease, pathology and pathophysiology for accurate medical diagnosis.
- Performing all types of ultrasound procedures and services, in accordance with department protocol, to ensure appropriate patient care for patients in all age categories (neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric).
- Completing ultrasonic scans within given procedure time parameters when performing ultrasonic scans so as to expedite patient care.
- Labeling and identifying ultrasonic scans with proper information including patient name, medical record number, and scanning orientation for accurate documentation of ultrasonic images.
MAGIS & Service Excellence Accountabilities
- Responsible for consistently demonstrating our MAGIS values of Care, Concern, Respect and Cooperation through teamwork and effective communication in an effort to prevent and solve problems and to achieve quality outcomes, patient safety, customer satisfaction and a safe environment. Responsible for developing and maintaining an environment of service excellence as outlined in the Service Excellence standards.
- Associates Degree OR equivalent training acquired via work experience or education
- Specify Degree(s): AMA approved Sonography program
- Less than one year of previous job-related experience
- 1-2 years of previous job-related experience
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS)
- Registration within one year of hire, in a minimum of one to two specialties of either Abdomen and/or Obstetrics & Gynecology required.
- Registration in both Abdomen and Obstetrics & Gynecology preferred.
Trinity Health’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health’s dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
** Please apply for the job online using the link below. Then email your resume, and prospective job to Nadia Saleh in Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org