Neurodiagnostic Technologist II
Lurie’s Children Hospital in Chicago, IL is currently seeking to hire a Neurodiagnostic Technologist I nights full time and part time. For more details on the position, please see below:
The Neurodiagnostic Tech I is an entry to mid-level position in the Epilepsy Center/Clinical Neurophysiology. This position performs neurodiagnostic testing procedures within the Neurodiagnostic Scope of Practice as set by ASET-The Neurodiagnostic Society. Procedures will be performed according to their competence. Neurodiagnostic procedures include but are not limited to: EEG, Evoked Potentials, Nerve Conduction Studies, Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring in the operating room, Long Term Epilepsy Monitoring, and Intensive Care Unit Continuous EEG Monitoring. This is a technical position with no supervisory responsibilities but may be responsible for assisting with orientation of new technologists.
2. Recognizes and corrects physiologic and non-physiologic artifacts as appropriate. Calibrates, maintains, and troubleshoots equipment. Selects amplifier settings, obtains quality data, and analyzes data during recordings.
3. Provides anticipatory guidance to patients/families for preparations to be made for their test. Explains test procedures to patients/families using age appropriate guidelines. May assist with the necessary activities for scheduling patients for tests.
4. Prepares reports, maintains logs, records test results, performs record keeping for EPIC charges and database maintenance. Orders supplies and reviews inventory of the department.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of pertinent aspects and competency with protocols related to nerodiagnostic practices as required for their role.
6. Reviews, annotates, clips, and archives neurodiagnostic recordings.
7. Keeps up to date in information and knowledge in neurodiagnostics, equipment, computers and mandatory yearly education.
8. Demonstrates ability to apply knowledge to different testing situations within neurodiagnostics.
9. Works cooperatively as a team member to foster achievement of unit/hospital goals.
10. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required, two years of college or equivalent preferred, or 3-5 years of experience performing EEG is preferred.
- Prefer Neurodiagnostic program graduate.
- Registration required in EEG (R. EEG T.) or Registration in Evoked Potentials (R. EP T.) by ABRET: Neurodiagnostic Credentialing and Accreditation required or Registered Nerve Conduction Study Technologist (R. NCS. T.) by AAET American Association of Electrodiagnostic Technologists.
- Basic Life Support Certification required.
- Ability to move machines and patients weighing in excess of 25 pounds.
- Ability to effectively communicate with hospital staff and departments.
To apply, please send your resume to Nadia Saleh at email@example.com and indicate the name of the position and company. Also, please complete an application as well on their website using the link below: