Howard Brown Health Center is currently hiring for several Medical Assistant job opportunities throughout the Chicagoland area. For more information on the positions, please see the description below:
About Howard Brown Health Center
- A mission-driven organization for purpose-driven people. Howard Brown exists to eliminate the disparities in healthcare experienced by lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people through research, education and the provision of services that promote health and wellness
- Community-based health clinics in some of Chicago’s most underserved neighborhoods
- The largest LGBTQ health provider in the Midwest
What is in it for you:
|MA I||HS Diploma/GED|
|MA II||AAMA/AMT Certification or 1-year tenure with HBH or external MA experience|
|MA III||2+ years tenure with HBH or relevant experience|
- A commitment to work-life balance with:
- 3-weeks paid vacation and 1-week of personal time
- 12 accrued sick days per year
- 9 paid holidays, including Juneteenth
- PTO Exchange allows employees to turn unused PTO into liquid assets
- Employer-sponsored health, dental, vision insurance with two PPO plans and an HMO plan.
- BCBS HMO, PPO and PPO Select Plans
- HMO premium = $27/month
- BCBS Dental premium = $7.50/month
- EyeMed Vision premium = $3.26/month
- BCBS HMO, PPO and PPO Select Plans
- 401k program with up to 5% employer match after 90 days.
- Employer-paid basic life insurance valued at one times the annual salary up to $100K
- Voluntary Life and AD&D, and Short-term and Long-term disability
- Up to $720 pre-tax commuter and parking benefit account
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs; NHSC & PSLF
- Employee Assistance Program with 5 employer-paid counseling sessions
- 50% off at Brown Elephant Resale Shops and discounts at local businesses
What you can expect:
Under the supervision and direction of the primary care Providers and Staff Nurses, provides direct patient care and clerical support.
How you will make an impact:
- Carry out policies and procedures developed to maintain infection control and safety.
- Perform duties according to approved policies and procedures relating to OSHA and Standard Precautions.
- Perform routine clinical functions to include but not be limited to: vital signs, weight, blood pressure, urine sugar/protein dips, and hematest.
- Multiple site assignments as needed.
- Will follow role assignments that are in alignment with the Patient Centered Medical Home Standards, and participate in all Patient Centered Medical Home efforts.
- Record data collected in appropriate EMR system.
- Report patient observations to the responsible provider or staff nurse.
- Perform lab procedures as assigned, collects, labels, and processes all specimens including urine, stool, sputum, and blood as required.
- Provide patient with appropriate requisition, information and instruction for ancillary tests and procedures ordered by physicians.
- Stock inventory and ensure cleanliness of examination rooms, equipment, and work area.
- Report medical and office supply inventory needs to supervisor.
- Prepare specimens for shipment to external lab ensuring that specimens are ready and picked up by courier in accordance with designated courier schedule.
- Check spiceworks voicemail and route phone messages to providers or nurses.
- Ensure that specimens are processed in accordance with established Howard Brown research protocol.
- Participate in quality assurance process via data collection, evaluation of results, and implementation of recommendations.
- Participate in research project participant recruitment as directed.
- Perform data entry into Centricity as needed (i.e. referrals, depression collaborative)
- Performs medical reception functions.
To apply, please complete an application on their website using the link below. Next, follow up with the career services department at email@example.com so we can follow up with the employer regarding your pending application.