Howard Brown Health Center is currently looking to Medical Assistant at several locations. Under the supervision and direction of the primary care Providers and Staff Nurses, Medical Assistant provide direct patient care and clerical support.
- Carry out policies and procedures developed to maintain infection control and safety.
- Perform duties according to approved policies and procedures relating to OSHA and Standard Precautions.
- Perform routine clinical functions to include but not be limited to: vital signs, weight, blood pressure, urine sugar/protein dips, and hematest.
- Multiple site assignments as needed.
- Will follow role assignments that are in alignment with the Patient Centered Medical Home Standards, and participate in all Patient Centered Medical Home efforts.
- Record data collected in appropriate EMR system.
- Report patient observations to the responsible provider or staff nurse.
- Perform lab procedures as assigned, collects, labels, and processes all specimens including urine, stool, sputum, and blood as required.
- Provide patient with appropriate requisition, information and instruction for ancillary tests and procedures ordered by physicians.
- Stock inventory and ensure cleanliness of examination rooms, equipment, and work area.
- Report medical and office supply inventory needs to supervisor.
- Prepare specimens for shipment to external lab ensuring that specimens are ready and picked up by courier in accordance with designated courier schedule.
- Check spiceworks voicemail and route phone messages to providers or nurses.
- Ensure that specimens are processed in accordance with established Howard Brown research protocol.
- Participate in quality assurance process via data collection, evaluation of results, and implementation of recommendations.
- Participate in research project participant recruitment as directed.
- Perform data entry into Centricity as needed (i.e. referrals, depression collaborative)
- Performs medical reception functions.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Certification (Plus)
- Previous experience in a health care setting dealing with HIV/AIDS clients and written or communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Displays initiative in the work setting
- Must demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication skills
To apply, please complete an application on their website using the link below and send your resume to Denise Alexander at email@example.com.