Under the direction of the Practice Manager, the medical assistant is a vital part of the patient care team. Responsibilities are focused on ensuring quality care and efficient clinic flow for patients. Hours are Monday through Saturday. Experience preferred but we will train qualified candidates.
Status: Full-time/ Part-time
● Participate in daily care team huddles.
● Welcome, greet, and escort patients from the waiting area to the examination room.
● Obtain and document vital signs, required screenings and chief complaints.
● Assist with procedures.
● Administer injections under the direction of an RN and physician.
● Assist with prescription refills and notification of normal laboratory results
● Maintain the care environment by cleaning, preparing, and stocking examination rooms.
● Understand, respect, and comply with patient confidentiality and HIPAA regulations.
● Assist in the collection, labeling, and processing of specimens.
● Perform phlebotomy and point of care testing.
● Adhere to OSHA and infection control policies and procedures.
● Participate in educational programs and team meetings as required.
● Assist with clerical responsibilities as needed.
● Successfully completes required competency testing.
Requirements & Qualifications:
● Completion of Medical Assistant program, preferred
● Medical Assistant Registration or Certification, preferred
● Experience working in a Community Health setting, preferred.
● Phlebotomy skills, preferred
● Bilingual Urdu, Hindi, Spanish, Bosnian, preferred
● Excellent team member skills, required
● Dedication to social justice principles, required
● 1-2 Saturday clinics per month, required
● 1-2 early morning (7am) and evening clinics (7pm) per month required
● Annual Influenza Vaccination required
● Covid vaccination required
● Basic Life Support Certification required
● Basic computer skills, required
● Medical and Dental Insurance
● 403B Retirement
● Paid Time Off
● Paid Holidays
To apply, please send your resume to Denise Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the email the name of the position and company you are applying for.