Patient Services Representative
Hamdard Health is currently looking to hire Patient Services Representatives for several locations throughout the Chicagoland area. For more details, please see the description below:
Hamdard Health Alliance is a Federally Qualified Health Center that operates three locations in Roger’s Park Chicago, Addison and Bensenville Illinois. Hamdard provides pediatric and adult primary-care, psychiatry, psycho-therapy, cardiology, and substance use disorder treatment.
Under the direction of the Practice Manager, the medical assistant is a vital part of the patient care team. Responsibilities are focused on ensuring quality care and efficient clinic flow for patients.
Experience preferred but we will train qualified candidates.
- Participate in daily care team huddles.
- Welcome, greet, and escort patients from the waiting area to the examination room.
- Obtain and document vital signs, required screenings and chief complaints.
- Assist with procedures.
- Administer injections under the direction of an RN and physician.
- Assist with prescription refills and notification of normal laboratory results
- Maintain the care environment by cleaning, preparing, and stocking examination rooms.
- Understand, respect, and comply with patient confidentiality and HIPAA regulations.
- Assist in the collection, labeling, and processing of specimens.
- Perform phlebotomy and point of care testing.
- Adhere to OSHA and infection control policies and procedures.
- Participate in educational programs and team meetings as required.
- Assist with clerical responsibilities as needed.
- Successfully completes required competency testing.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Completion of Medical Assistant program, preferred
- Medical Assistant Registration or Certification, preferred
- Experience working in a Community Health setting, preferred.
- Phlebotomy skills, preferred
- Bilingual Urdu, Hindi, Spanish, Bosnian, preferred
- Excellent team member skills, required
- Dedication to social justice principles, required
- 1-2 Saturday clinics per month, required
- 1-2 early morning (7am) and evening clinics (7pm) per month required
- Annual Influenza Vaccination required
- Covid vaccination required
- Basic Life Support Certification required
- Basic computer skills, required
- Healthcare: medical, voluntary dental and vision
- 403(B) retirement plan with 2% matching
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Life insurance with voluntary increase option
- Long term disability
- Voluntary accident and illness insurance
- Paid time off for trainings, conferences, education, and CME Sign on bonus, retention bonus
- License reimbursement
- National Health Service Corps loan forgiveness available
Per federal mandate, Hamdard Health Alliance requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to religious or medical accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Signing bonus
- Do you speak any additional languages? Please specify fluency.
- Medical Assistance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Phlebotomy: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant Certification (Preferred)
To apply use the link below and, please send your resume to Nadia Saleh at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the email the name of the company and position you are applying for.