Patient Services Representative
Hamdard Health is currently looking to hire Patient Services Representatives for several locations throughout the Chicagoland area. For more details, please see the description below:
The Patient Service Representative, (PSR), reports to the Lead PSR and performs front desk, patient registration,
scheduling and customer service functions. The PSR is a vital part of the patient care team. Responsibilities are
focused on customer service, scheduling, ensuring ef icient clinic flow for patients, and supporting the care teams.
Hours are Monday through Saturday. Experience preferred but we will train qualified candidates.
Status: Full time/ Part time
● Strive for excellence in customer service at all times
● Welcome guests as they arrive at the health center
● Understand, respect, and comply with patient confidentiality and HIPAA regulations
● Register new patients in the electronic health record
● Provide health center orientation to new patients and their families
● Verify patient insurance, address, phone number, demographics and eligibility are correct and current
● Schedule patient appointments
● Receive and process patient balances and co-payments at time of service
● Participate in daily care team huddles
● Assist with inventory management of office supplies, and forms
● Ensure the reception area is neat, clean, and safe.
● Maintains open lines of communication with health center staff and stakeholders
● Supports organization’s team-based approach to coordinate patient care.
● Participates in patient call campaigns as needed
Requirements & Qualifications:
● Highschool diploma preferred
● Experience working in a Community Health setting, preferred.
● Bilingual Urdu, Hindi, Spanish, Bosnian, preferred
● Excellent team member skills, required
● Dedication to social justice principles, required
● 1-2 Saturday clinics per month, required
● 1-2 early morning (7am) and evening clinics (7pm) per month, required
● Annual influenza vaccination, required
● Covid vaccination, required
● Basic computer skills, required
● Medical and Dental Insurance
● 403B Retirement
● Paid Time Off
● Paid Holidays
To apply, please send your resume to Denise Alexander at email@example.com. Please indicate in the email the name of the company and position you are applying for.