DuPage Children’s ENT & Allergy in Naperville, IL is currently looking to hire a Medical Assistant to provide clinical support. DuPage Children’s ENT and Allergy seeks dynamic and energetic professional with proven experience and an interest in working with children and families. Requires excellent communication and customer service skills. Working knowledge of registration, insurance verification, scheduling appointments and scheduling surgeries a plus. Assists providers in creating an environment of clinical and service excellence. Serves as an ambassador of Dupage Children’s ENT and Allergy and represents the practice in a professional, polished and positive manner.
Assists providers, nurse, and other medical staff by performing clinical and administrative duties, such as preparing treatment rooms for patient exams and procedures, rooming patients, obtaining and recording patient medical history, taking vitals and height/weight, assisting providers during exams and procedures, cleaning and sterilizing medical equipment, scheduling appointments,scheduling surgeries, scheduling patient testing, completing pre-authorizations, referrals, restocking exam rooms, ordering supplies and maintaining supply inventory and maintaining specialized equipment. Performs clerical duties as needed and provides back-up coverage of the front desk.
• Prepares treatment rooms for patient examinations and procedures.
• Cleans treatment rooms following patient examinations and procedures.
• Rooms patients.
• Interviews patients to obtain their medical history.
• Records patient medical history, vital statistics, and other pertinent information such as test results, in patient electronic medical record.
• Performs routine screening tests, such as height and weight measurements and blood pressure checks.
• Assists providers during examinations and procedures by handing over instruments and materials. Properly disposes of contaminated supplies.
• Cleans and sterilizes medical equipment and instruments.
• Schedule office appointments.
• Assists with surgical scheduling of patients, including scheduling pre-operative testing, medical clearance and post- operative follow-up appointments. Advises patient of insurance precertification needs and patient financial responsibility.
• Assists with scheduling of patient testing.
• Completes surgical, testing and medication pre-authorizations according to health plan requirements.
• Completes referrals for service needs according to health plan requirements.
• Assists nurse with test tracking and performs follow-up on patients who have not completed testing.
• Restocks exam rooms and maintains supply inventory.
• Monitors medication and supply expiration dates monthly and replaces as indicated.
• Performs routine cleaning, maintenance and safety checks of equipment such as the autoclave, flexible endoscope, and medication refrigerator and maintains logs for verification.
• Performs various clerical duties as needed including managing incoming and outgoing faxes, processing mail, package pickup and delivery, photocopying and collating.
• Provides backup coverage of the front desk when needed, including greeting patients, managing phone calls, check-in/check-out, new patient registration, insurance verification and cashiering.
• Follows all HIPAA requirements for ensuring patient confidentiality.
• Practices safe and healthy control methods while working with patients, following OSHA guidelines.
• Utilizes effective teamwork and establishes positive relationships with other members of the team.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
• Experience: 1-3 years of experience in either a pediatric or family practice setting required, with 3-5 years preferred.
• Certifications: Certification as a medical assistant (CMA) preferred, CPR certification required.
• Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, aseptic technique and maintaining a sterile field.
• Ability to take initiative and problem solve quickly
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
• Attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to positive teamwork
• Ability to present oneself as well as the company in a professional manner
• Proficient in the use of a personal computer and corresponding programs, internet literate,
comfortable navigating and utilizing an electronic medical record. Extensive knowledge of Adobe
Acrobat, MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook.
To apply, please send your resume to Denise Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the email the name of the position and the company.