Diamond Headache Clinic is currently looking to hire a Medical Assistant to rotate between their Chicago and Hoffman Estates location. The position details include work hours of Mon-Fri 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM in Chicago and Thursdays are 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM in Hoffman Estates. For more details on the position, please see below:
The Certified Medical Assistant performs all activities for the enhancement of patient care and contribution to the organization and efficiency of the department. The Certified Medical Assistant will routinely assist in providing all aspects of clinical care as needed, within their realm of clinical competence as delegated and supervised by the Physician, Physician Assistant and Registered Nurse.
• Contribute to patient satisfaction and participate in quality assurance and improvement.
• Support and participate in a team approach to the delivery of patient care within the Outpatient Clinic.
• Prepare exam rooms, instruments and nurse stations for the day.
• Assist team with flow for the day.
• Escort patients to exam rooms and assist in gathering and updating clinical data in EMR for both new and return patients which include but are not limited to vital signs, reason for visit, past medical & surgical history, family medical history, social history, current medications, previous medications/treatments (both tried and failed), pharmacy information, allergies, contact information, risk factors, and any other information as directed by Team Physician.
• Discharge patients from rooms which include but are not limited to ensuring prescriptions are ready for provider to sign, direct provider to the next patient room, print imaging test orders from EMR for patient, check any lab orders, check for provider orders including injections, Botox & hospital admission; book patient’s follow-up appointment as needed, document the discharge process in EMR.
• Handle follow-up lab letters as directed by Team Registered Nurse.
• Perform EKGs & phlebotomy tasks once trained by Lab Manager.
• Fulfill DHC competency skills requirement under supervision of the Nurse Manager.
• Attend required meetings, in-services, & participate in committees as requested; steps forward with any ideas/concerns regarding clinical floor.
• Complete Disability/FMLA documents.
• Complete medication prior authorizations and any team prescription refill faxes.
• Participate in ongoing or upcoming clinical research trials as needed.
• Back-up for scanning and front desk as needed.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program
• Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
• Current CPR training (BLS minimum; within past year)
• Current phlebotomy training (within past year)
• Basic knowledge of drug classes and ability to correctly spell medication names and medical diagnoses
• Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Strong typing skills (40 WPM) and MS office computer knowledge.
• Epic medical records system knowledge preferred.
Days: Monday to Friday; occasional Saturdays (if open)
Time: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Job Type: Full Time
Mask-wearing is required at all times; maintain social-distance, frequent hand-washing & frequent cleaning/sanitizing between patients, work areas & lobby.
To apply, please send your resume to Denise Alexander at email@example.com and indicate in the email the name of the company and position you are applying for.