MCC is now VRRAP approved!
Midwestern Career College is proud to announce our approval as a training provider under the Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program (VRRAP). The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) recently launched the Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program (VRRAP) as part of its continued effort to support Veterans seeking retraining and economic opportunities in response to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program (VRRAP) offers education and training for high-demand jobs to unemployed Veterans. Unemployment circumstances must be a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This exciting new program is part of the American Rescue Plan that will allow qualifying Veterans between the ages of 22 and 67 to receive up to 12 months of tuition and fee and monthly housing allowance payments, based on Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits. Qualifying Veterans must meet the following eligibility criteria.
- At least 22 years old, but not older than 66
- Unemployed because of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Not rated as totally disabled because you can’t work
- Not enrolled in a federal or state jobs program
- Can’t be eligible for any other benefits., Post-9/11 GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill, Veteran Readiness and Employment VR&E, Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA), Veteran’s Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Note: You can’t receive VRRAP benefits at the same time as you’re receiving unemployment benefits (including CARES act benefits)
- 50% when the Veteran begins the program
- 25% when the Veteran completes the program
- 25% when the Veteran finds employment in the field of study
VRRAP funds are available to veterans until December 11, 2022.
To learn more about the VRRAP program and how you can apply, call MCC at (312) 236-9000 x 1. For updates on the VRRAP program, visit the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs website here.