Most of our students at Midwestern Career College complete an externship prior to graduation — an opportunity for unique training in a real-life patient-care setting, where you’ll get hands-on experience in your field of study.
Here’s how an externship will help you as you build your education and your career:
- You’ll put into practice what we’ve been teaching you in the classroom.
- You’ll gain real-world experience from top hospitals and clinics in Chicagoland.
- You’ll build your resume and be more attractive to employers.
- You’ll gain confidence.
- You’ll meet new people.
- You’ll establish long-lasting connections and grow your professional network.
- You can explore your curiosities and interests in your field of study.
- You’ll have exciting experiences as you learn on the job.
- You don’t have to find your externship site. We will find it for you!
- You’ll be better prepared for national certification exams!
Thanks to our network of relationships and partnerships with many of the top hospitals, clinics and medical centers, you won’t have to find your own externship site. We’ll find it for you!
Here are some of the great hospitals, clinics and medical centers that we partner with for our externship programs:
- Advocate Medical Group
- Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
- Provident Hospital of Cook County
- Rush University Medical Center
- University of Chicago Medical Center
- University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System
- Weiss Memorial Hospital
- Midwest Imaging and Diagnostic Center
- Imaging Centers of America
- Progressive Radiology
If you’re ready to take the next step and apply, fill out our online application and get the process started! We have multiple start dates throughout the year.
You can also call us. We’d be happy to talk with you. Please contact us at (312) 236-9000 and ask for Admissions. We’re here to help you build your career!