Sterile Processing Tech I
Loyola University Medical Center is currently looking to hire Sterile Processing Techs I for several locations. For more details on their opportunities, please see below:
The Sterile Processing Tech I will decontaminate instruments, assembles trays and/or equipment, and sterilizes instrument trays for prescribed patient procedures. Assembles case carts for specific surgical procedures. In response to the time-critical needs of the surgeon, nurses and OR team members, the SRP CP Technician processes a variety of highly specialized surgical instrument trays and powered surgical tools and implant devices, often in high pressure situations engendered by the life-threatening nature of unexpected trauma or technologically advanced surgical procedures.
- Sterilizes instruments including quarantining instruments until the biological indicator (BI) is read negative. Documents information correctly regarding the BIs. Correctly documents all items in each sterilization load, including peel packs and trays. Informs manager, supervisor, or lead when there is a problem with a sterilization load and reprocesses as needed.
- Decontaminates instruments and cleans patient care equipment using various high-tech equipment, which require user knowledge of operation as well as trouble shooting skills.
- Maintains inventory of supplies by identifying stocking requirements and following procedures to order the needed items.
- Assembles complex and widely varying instrument trays for the hospital and clinics. Works as a team member as needed to maintain work flow and ensure that work is completed in an accurate and timely manner. Keeps work area clean and organized.
MAGIS & Service Excellence Accountabilities:
- Responsible for consistently demonstrating our MAGIS values of Care, Concern, Respect and cooperation through teamwork and effective communication in an effort to prevent and solve problems and to achieve quality outcomes, patient safety, customer satisfaction and a safe environment.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an environment of service excellence as outlined in the Service Excellence standards.
- High School Diploma
- Less than one year of previous job-related experience
- High School Diploma plus training acquired through work experience or education
- Basic Keyboarding Skills
- Ability to communicate verbally
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures
- Ability to function independently and manage own time and work tasks
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize workflow
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Other: Successful completion of formal in-house training program is required for all employees.
To apply, please send your resume to Denise Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the name of the company and position. Also, please complete an application on their website as well using the link below: