The mission of the QA Software Testing program is to provide career-focused education in entry-level Software QA. Students will be introduced to a complete know-how of software automation testing technologies such as Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven, AutoIT, Selenium Grid, Appium, Docker, testing frameworks and types of testing—accessibility, functional, security, performance, visual; and test-driven development; test case management (TCM) tools; and automating tests for web applications.
Upon completion of MCC’s QA Software Testing program, students will be able to:
- Comprehend quantitative, technical, practical methods that software engineers and developers can use to test their software
- Understand testing techniques and criteria for all phases of software development – unit (developer) testing, integration testing and system testing
- Gain theoretical and practical knowledge of how to apply test criteria to improve the quality of software
- Determine the work products such as requirements, design and user stories
- Write and execute a software test plan
- Learn core software quality assurance automation concepts.
- Develop automated test cases for web apps using Selenium/WebDriver and /or Python
Program Length: 16 weeks
Semester Credit Hours: 9
Clock Hours: 180
Admission requirements: Potential students must be 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent.