Winter 2021 Enrollment is now open!
For information, please contact (312) 236-9000 EXT. 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Registration & Payment Deadline||01/04/2021|
|Term Start Date||01/11/2021|
|Term End Date||03/29/2021|
This program is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
Midwestern Career College’s Vocational English as a Second Language program is for students who have necessary workplace skills and experience but require additional English language skills, including those specific to the workplace. Students will develop communication-related workplace skills by reading and discussing a wide array of workplace situations. The program helps students gain the vocabulary, fluency, and confidence necessary to work with English speakers and pursue professional goals.
The program is designed for students whose knowledge of English allows them to score within a range of A1 to C2 on the Michigan English Placement Test.
Students applying for Vocational English as a Second Language program must provide proof that they possess basic workplace skills such as higher education credentials, industry recognized certification(s), or 3rd party work experience verification.
Each student will leave class not only with communicative skills for the workplace but with materials they can use immediately as they begin or advance their careers. Students will also practice job search skills and produce documents (resumes and cover letters) ready for immediate use.
• Demonstrate improved reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills to better communicate in the workplace.
• Participate in appropriate interpersonal, cross-cultural, and workplace communication.
• Apply critical thinking skills to workplace situations.
• Effectively complete a variety of business-related written tasks, including emails, memos, agendas, minutes, summaries and proposals.
• Promote one’s own skills and professional assets in written documents and oral interviews.
- Tuition: $1,500 per 11-week term
- Technology Fee: $90 per term
- Books: FREE
- This program does not qualify for Title IV financial aid assistance.
Midwestern Career College offers flexible schedules. 2-day a week and weekend classes are available. Students must attend classes 18 hours per week.
Convenient Locations in Downtown Chicago, Skokie and Naperville
Chicago (Main Campus)
100 South Wacker Dr., LL1-50
Chicago IL, 60606
- CTA Trains: Washington/Wells stop on the CTA Red, Blue, Brown, Green, Pink and Orange lines
- Ogilvie Transportation Center (Metra)
- Union Station (Metra and Amtrak)
Chicago LaSalle (Branch Campus)
203 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60601
Discounted parking close to Chicago Main campus and Chicago LaSalle Branch is available at 230 West Washington Avenue with student ID.
For parking instructions for our Downtown locations click here.
Skokie (Campus Extension)
Skokie campus extension offers free parking.
Naperville (Campus Extension)
200 East 5th Avenue Suite 128
Naperville, IL 60563
Naperville campus extension offers free parking
Learn English in Chicago