Sterile Processing Tech
Vista Health System is a community healthcare provider located in Waukegan, IL. A network that includes Vista Medical East campus, Vista Lindenhurst campus, Vista Ambulatory Care Center, and Lindenhurst Surgery Center, LLC. The Vista Health system also has several locations for imaging, patient therapy and physician offices throughout Lake County, Illinois.
Vista Health System is interested in hiring a Sterile Processing Tech who is looking to broaden his/her skills and gain valuable experience working in a community hospital that worked hard to achieve status as certified Centers of Excellence in numerous critical areas of patient care.
The Central Sterile Technician is responsible for the decontamination, packaging, sterilization and delivery of instruments, materials, and equipment necessary for support of surgical services; working under indirect supervision of the Director of Surgical Services utilizes specific guidelines and standards for department operations. Responsibilities also include documentation of sterilization process and ensuring equipment functionality.
- Maintain the surgical suites and GI Laboratory by terminal cleaning and general housekeeping duties.
- Assist the sterile processing department in decontaminate, cleaning, preparing and processing surgical instrumentation for procedures.
- Complies with governmental guidelines for processing of sterile instrumentation.
- Follows QA checks on sterilizing equipment
- Assist with inventory control.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Shift: Monday thru Friday – 10:30a – 7:00p
We offer a competitive benefit package of Medical, Dental and Vision plans. 401K, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off / Sick Leave and much more!
Qualifications, Desired Skills, and Experiences:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate from an accredited Sterile Processing school
- Minimum 1 year experience is preferred in an acute care setting
- On-call & Call-in support may be required
To apply for this position, please send your resume to the Career Services Coordinator Denise Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org.