Cielo, an MCC cardiac ultrasound student, has nearly completed our noninvasive cardiovascular sonography program. She’s currently doing her externship at Mt. Sinai Hospital. Cielo credits WIOA funding with helping her attend school and advance her career.
Here’s what she has to say about the experience:
“I am currently in my fourth semester of the Noninvasive Cardiovascular program and working on my externship at Mt. Sinai Hospital. The skills I learned have been invaluable in jumpstarting my career.
“I finished the first module, Certified Cardiographic Technician, on March 31, 2016, with the help of $8,000 I received from WIOA funding.
“I still participate in workshops given by WIOA. I learned how to research labor market information and also how to use a variety of tools to help me plan my career. I gained a wealth of information about how to interview better and how to improve my resume and cover letter. Participating in the WIOA funding has been a blessing to me and my family.
“I highly recommend that any student take advantage of this amazing organization, and I thank Midwestern Career College for participating in this program.”
— Cielo C.
If you’re interested in learning more, contact us. Here are details on our program:
- Start Date: May 18, 2017 (in just 6 weeks!)
- Schedule: Thursdays and Fridays, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Duration: 20-months of on-campus classes and labs
- Two externships (one optional, one required)
- CCI certification available after first term (some students are able to get jobs after getting this certification)
- Pathway to ARMDS certification may be available after program completion, depending on your professional and educational background