St. Catherine Hospital in East Chicago, IN is currently looking to hire for a Surgery Tech. The Surgery Tech under the supervision of a surgeon and in accordance with established standards of practice and hospital policy and procedures, facilitates the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Surgical technologists, graduate from surgical technology programs accredited through ARC-ST, a collaborative effort of AST and ACS, by CAAHEP. CAAHEP is a recognized accreditation agency of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). In addition, surgical technology programs are located in educational institutions that are institutionally accredited by agencies recognized by the United States Department of Educations (USDE) or the Joint Commission. The ARC-ST is also a member of the Association of Specialized and Professional Accreditors (ASPA).
- For new graduates after July 1, 2009, Certified Surgical Technologist Credentials, administered by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSAJ), must be obtained within 12 months after graduation.
- All technicians must accumulate 15hr of AST approved continuing education related to Surgical Technology per calendar year (July 1st thru June 30th).
- Maintains BLS certification along with other mandatory competencies
To apply, please send your resume to Denise Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the name of the position and company.