Clinical Technician – Autotransfusion – Chicago, Illinois
Please apply at //specialtycr.referrals.selectminds.com/
Are you looking for an opportunity to get into the growing health care field? Look no further, we will train you! SpecialtyCare provides a comprehensive in-house training program that will help you gain valuable skills and a career in health care. SpecialtyCare autotransfusion technicians play a vital role in the health and well-being of our patients. Autotransfusion, also called cell salvage, is the process of collecting shed blood, separating the red cells from the plasma, washing the red cells, and re-administering them to the patient.
As a Clinical Technician in Autotransfusion with SpecialtyCare, you will be trained to run the equipment that purifies the patient’s blood and then returns the blood to the patient. Recycling the patient’s own blood, instead of transfusing donor blood, has been shown to reduce recovery time and prevents the adverse effects that can occur with donor blood. We also provide cell-based therapies, such as platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and bone marrow aspirate concentrate.
Make a difference in patient’s lives…train to be an Autotransfusion Clinical Technician!
- Associate or Bachelors’ degree preferred but not required.
- Must live within 30 minutes of our contracted hospitals, able to work flexible hours and participate in a call rotation including weekends/holidays.
- Reliable transportation and the ability to be on-call.
- Must be able to successfully complete on the job training including certification and company sponsored education modules.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate must bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional and personal values that complement the team and company vision. The following competencies are highly valued:
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and with a sense of urgency.
- Is dedicated to delivering excellent customer service on a consistent basis.
- Excellent communication skills and basic computer skills are essential.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a high stress environment necessary.
- Proven self-starter who works well both independently and in a team environment.
- Lives the SpecialtyCare Values – Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Sense of Urgency, Continuous Improvement, and Accountability.
SpecialtyCare is committed to supporting professional growth for our associates. Each associate is allocated funds for continuing education, membership fees, and dues for professional associations. We also provide tuition reimbursement or tuition repayment assistance. We provide a full benefits package including a matching 401K and generous PTO plan. We also cover the cost of maintaining certification.
SpecialtyCare is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Employment with SpecialtyCare is at-will.