How do I get Started with Skype?
If you ALREADY have Skype on your preferred device (computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone), you are all set! Just wait for the Skype link that will be sent from your event facilitator, and use it to log in at the scheduled time for your online event.
If you DO NOT YET have Skype on your device, please follow the instructions below to add it. You will need to do this before you’ll be able to virtually attend your event.
Either way, it’s always good to double check that you have Skype set up in advance. This will ensure you’re able to log in smoothly when your event starts.
What to do if you don’t already have Skype on your device
It’s easy to get started with Skype if you don’t already have it. All you need to do is:
- Download Skype to your device.
- Create a free account for Skype.
- Sign into Skype.
It’s that simple. It’s best to install Skype BEFORE your event, so that you are ready to go.
Here are the details:
1. Download Skype
- Go to the Download Skype page, located at https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/.
- Select your device and start the download.
- You can launch Skype after it is installed on your device.
- For Windows 10 users: Skype is already installed on the latest version of Windows 10. For a smooth login at the time of your event, check in advance that you can get into Skype, or create a free Skype account, as indicated below.
2. Create a Free Account
- Launch Skype and select Create new account, or go directly to the Create account page.
- Skype will take you through the process of creating a new account.
3. Sign In
- Enter your Skype name, email or phone and select Sign in.
- Enter your password and select the arrow to continue. You’re now signed in to Skype.
At the time of your event
At the scheduled date and time of your online event, you will receive a Skype link from your event coordinator. Follow the instructions in the link to connect.
As a suggestion, it can help to have headphones to listen to the audio portion, depending on how quiet your surroundings are.
If you have questions about this process, please don’t hesitate to contact admissions at (312) 236-9000 x 1.