Certified Surgical Technologist
Requisition ID: 65885
Ministry: Presence St Mary Hosp SMEMC
Location: Presence St Mary Chicago
2233 West Division Street, Chicago, IL 60622 United States (US)
Department: 20782230 Surgery SMEMC
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Certified Surgical Technologist handles the instruments, supplies and equipment necessary for the surgical procedure. He/she has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. He/she has the necessary skills and knowledge to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists physicians and RNs with patient preoperative preparation including positioning and transferring patients using proper lifting and transferring equipment and techniques.
- Performs appropriate counts with the circulator prior to the operation and before incision is closed.
- Performs duties of second assistant as needed. As directed by surgeon: holds retractors or instruments, sponges or suctions operative site, cuts sutures, connects drains to suction apparatus, applies electrocautery to clamps on bleeders and applies dressings to closed wounds.
- Scrubs, gowns and gloves. Gowns and gloves the surgeon and assistants. Passes instruments, equipment, implants, etc. to the surgeon during the procedure. Prepares sterile dressings.
- Selects and checks supplies and equipment needed for the surgical procedure. Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment and medications/solutions needed for the procedure. Assists with draping the sterile field. Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during the procedure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or GED required. Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology Program.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Surgical Technologist credential required
CPR certification required.
To apply, please click on the link below: //www.amitahealth.org/careers/posting/?job=certified-surgical-technologist—ft-day—st-mary-chicago-65885-en-us