Obstetric Technician (OB)
Requisition ID: 65378
Ministry: Presence Resurrection Med Center
Location: Presence Resurrection Med
7435 West Talcott, Chicago, IL 60631 United States (US)
Department: 20800110 Birthing Center RMC
Daily Hours: 12
Standard Hours: 36
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Obstetric Technician (OB) Technician is responsible for collaborating with the Registered Nurse as a partner in care, treatment and education of patients. Provides basic nursing care to patients in a team environment under the direct supervision of the nurse, performs as a surgical technician for all surgical procedures performed in the Mother/Baby unit, and provides clerical support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct patient care as assigned by registered nurse. Observes patients while performing delegated tasks and reports any changes in patient’s condition. Performs routine procedures (i.e. vital signs, I&Os, weights).
- Assists the surgical team in the Operating Room by performing scrub responsibilities. Demonstrates knowledge of instrument processing and prepares instrument trays for sterilization.
- Assists in enforcing the use of aseptic and sterile technique by all team members.
- Assists in room preparation for vaginal and surgical deliveries. Assists physician and nurse at vaginal deliveries.
- Maintains all rooms with supplies and placing orders as stock needs to be replaced, keeps all rooms clean and neat, and monitors the expiration dates of supplies.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or GED required.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required. Certified Nursing Assistant or Certified Surgical Technician required.
Business Unit: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
Department Name: Birthing Center RMC
To apply, please click on the link below: //www.amitahealth.org/careers/posting/?job=obstetric-technician-birthing-center-resurrection-medical-center-chicago-65378-en-us