Open Door Health Center of Illinois in Aurora, IL is currently looking to hire a Medical Assistant. The Medical Assistant (MA) is a vital integral position within the Department of Medical Services. The medical assistant is cross-trained to perform routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the offices of physicians and other health practitioners running smoothly.
Administrative duties can include answering telephones, greeting patients, scheduling appointments, filing insurance paperwork and updating medical records.
The MA will assist with the examination and treatment of patients. In addition, the medical assistants may be required to perform clinical work, such as taking medical histories, recording vital signs or preparing patients for exams. Other clinical tasks might include collecting and preparing lab specimens, performing basic lab tests and sterilizing medical equipment.
Medical assistants are instrumental in helping patients feel at ease in the physician’s office and often explain the physician’s instructions.
Administrative Duties (may include, but not limited to):
- Using computer applications
- Answering telephones
- Greeting patients
- Updating and filing patient medical records
- Coding and filling out insurance forms
- Scheduling appointments
- Handling correspondence, billing, and bookkeeping
- Entry of all information in the EMR system
- Some scanning and assist with prior authorizations as required
Medical Duties (may include, but not limited to):
- Taking medical histories
- Explaining treatment procedures or providing education to patients
- Rooming patients and preparing patients for examination
- Assisting the physician during exams
- Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens
- Performing basic laboratory tests
- Instructing patients about medication and special diets
- Preparing and administering medications as directed by a physician
- Transmitting prescription refills as directed
- Drawing blood
- Patient interviews
- EKG’s and Spirometry testing as well as nebulizer treatments
- Taking vital signs
- Organization of exam rooms and assist with supply orders
- Must be computer literate
- Must be Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Must be a CMA
- Some college preferred
- At least one year of experience required
To apply, please send your resume to Denise Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the name of the position and company.