Ultrasound Technologist / Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT/RVS)
$42 to $44 Hourly
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Ultrasound technologist with Vascular Technologist or Registered Vascular Specialist license with no experience wanted for exciting opportunity!
12-week paid training course upon starting
The primary responsibilities for Ultrasound Technologists include, but are not limited to, performing all necessary DUS scans and assist in treating LVD and MVD patients at the direction of the Physician, advise Physician and monitor treatment quality and safety, educate and motivate patients and participate in practice building and administrative activities as time permits.
- Perform patient evaluation and assessment prior to ultrasound examination
- Complete all appropriate forms at time of each scan to ensure that we are compliant with VCA’s written ultrasound protocols
- Ensure that all maps and ultrasound forms are properly scanned into VPA under each patient until the time an electronic medical record is available to capture this information.
- Perform ultrasound examination of patients to create a Venous Flow Map for purposes of the physician recommending a safe, effective treatment plan
- Perform all additional scans indicated by the treatment plan at the direction of the Physician to ensure the efficacy of treatment and safety of the patients
- Within the limits of safety, adhere to the standard time allotments for each type of scan in order to maintain the smooth and efficient flow of patients throughout the course of the scheduled day.
- Working with the operations staff, review and update the ultrasound schedule to ensure good patient care and safety and to maintain the patient load at an efficient and productive level.
- Maintain equipment and manage the supply inventory to ensure continued and effective operations
Assist the Physician in the following:
- Helping to re-explain the physician’s treatment plan to the patient and how that treatment plan addresses the patient’s specific needs
• Assist during Image Guided Injection treatment sessions with the appropriate directions regarding needle placement and recommendations for volume and strength of solution to be injected.
- Ensuring quality of patient care and working with the Director of Quality or his or her delegate to improve quality of care
- Participating in a minimum of 2 annual ultrasound quality conferences to review ultrasound quality and discuss difficult cases
- Ensuring the technical ultrasound training of trainees to ensure patient care is not compromised and the trainee is benefiting from the training
- Ensuring direct medical or technical staff supervision of trainees performing ultrasound examination
- Ensuring optimal operation and maintenance of equipment
- Complying with ICAVL standards
US EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Two years allied health background in an AMA approved program and/or associate degree. Must be RVT or RVS
- Current registration as a Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) through American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or current registration as a Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS) through American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT).
- Ongoing maintenance of RVT or RVS registration and currency in Basic Life Support (CPR) certification is required.
Company website: //www.medicalprofessionals.com
To apply, please send your resume to Denise Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the name of the company and position you are applying to.
POSITIONS ARE LOCATED THROUGHOUT MINNESOTA