A leading occupational medicine clinic and consulting firm located in downtown Chicago, has an excellent opportunity for a Medical Assistant.
- Administrative Functions:
- Ensure supplies/equipment needed for examining and drug collection rooms are available.
- Handle satellite clinic records.
- Manage vaccine stocking/storing.
- Log/schedule equipment calibrations and routine maintenance checks.
- Oversee Record Management system.
- Open mail.
- Medical Functions:
- Schedule appointments, answer telephone, assemble patients’ charts.
- Perform drug collections and diagnostic testing (vital signs, audiometry, EKG, vision screening, spirometry testing, phlebotomy, vaccinations, respirator fit testing) and prepare patient for examination by physician.
- Check examining rooms daily for cleanliness and supplies.
- Input patient information into clinic computer system.
- Establish protocol/procedures for blood borne pathogens and infection control.
- Medical Assistant diploma/certification
- Occasional job travel in Chicagoland area
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Efficiency and accuracy
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Excellent computer skills (MS Excel/Word, Adobe), Internet and email
This is a terrific opportunity for a dynamic individual. Our organization offers training, opportunity for growth, and a competitive compensation and benefits package for qualified individuals.
Candidates shall submit resume to email@example.com or (312) 775-0148
We are an equal opportunity employer seeking a diverse group of qualified individuals to consider.