Midwestern Career College’s Medical Assisting Program-Diploma prepares students for entry-level positions as multiskilled medical assistants and front or back office assistants in clinics, hospitals, and doctor’s offices.
- Classroom-based, hands-on training in phlebotomy, EKG and medical assisting
- Eligibility for Phlebotomist, EKG, and Medical Assistant certifications
- 160-hour optional clinical externship at our affiliated sites
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (B.L.S.), 23% growth is projected from 2014-2024. You can complete this program in as little as 40 weeks.
Graduates of this program who complete the optional externship are eligible to sit for national certification exams:
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) (upon the completion of additional requirements)
- Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA)
- National Certified Phlebotomy Technician (NCPT)
- Registered Phlebotomy Technician (RPT)
- Certified EKG Technician (NCET)