Midwestern Career College’s State-approved Basic Nursing Assistant Program prepares students with the basic skills they need to provide care in hospitals, nursing homes, home health agencies and other healthcare facilities. Through classroom, laboratory and clinical experiences, students learn the concepts and principles of nursing care they need to be an effective member of the nursing team.
The Basic Nursing Assistant Program provides graduates with the comprehensive knowledge and skills needed to gain an entry-level position as a nursing assistant.
- Demonstrate the skills required to complete the duties of a Nursing Assistant in a variety of health care settings.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with clients, families, and the members of the healthcare team.
- Provide quality care for patients.
- Demonstrate legal and ethical conduct.
- Demonstrate effective critical thinking skills.
Graduates may challenge the Illinois Nurse Assistant/Aide Competency Evaluation Exam.
MCC’s Basic Nursing Assistant Program is a great way to get into the healthcare field. You can complete this program in as little as six weeks. Check out job listings in the Chicagoland area for CNAs on Indeed, Career Builder and Monster.com
Graduates of the program are:
- Awarded a Certificate of Completion by MCC
- Eligible to sit for the Illinois Nurse Assistant/Aide Competency Evaluation Exam.
- Consumer Information
- Gainful Employment
- U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES), Illinois Virtual Labor Market Information System
- The Occupational Information Network (O*NET)
- Tuition and Fees