Midwestern Career College in Chicago has an open position for a Financial & Operations Coordinator.
Department: Business Office
Reports to: Finance & Operations Manager
Key Job Elements:
Financial Associate is a key member of Finance & Operations team, working closely supporting the CFO and other departments, such as Admissions, Financial Aid, and Student Services to ensure accurate and efficient processing of accounts receivable deposits, financial analyses, and support of budgeting and audit processes. This is a great position for a motivated individual with strong communication and analytical skills to build a career within an organization.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and assists students with understanding of College payment plans, policies, the drop for non-payment process, and account balances.
- Conduct financial analyses related to cash flow, costs and revenue, as well as support budgeting process and annual audit.
- Serve as the key person in responding professionally and courteously to all inquiries from constituents, i.e. students, parents, and staff, through personal, electronic, and telephone communications.
- Process daily payments received by the College for all accounts receivable invoices and miscellaneous billings, for student and non-student accounts.
- Reconcile daily cash receipts by verifying cash, checks, wire, and credit card payments against data entered in the student management system.
- Manage collection and follow-up of all past due student accounts assigned prior to, during, or after graduation or withdrawal from the College.
- Ensure accurate and efficient student billing, processing non-accounts receivable deposits, posting miscellaneous fines and fees (i.e. police citations, library fines, admission fees), completion of tuition rebill requests, and handling of student account restrictions.
- Communicate and monitoring student account balances and status of payment plan installments to students and ensuring the accurate and timely posting of student account payments, refunds, waivers, balance transfers, and adjustments.
- Support strong internal control environment; recommend and implement financial policies, procedures, and practices.
- Administrative duties such as managing office flow, copying, faxing, filing, organizing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Statement of Employment Nondiscrimination
Midwestern Career College (MCC) is an equal opportunity employer. The college is committed to providing equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, handicap or disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected group status. Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call (312) 236-9000 ext. 1090 or submit an email request to the Human Resources Department at HR@mccollege.edu.
Midwestern Career College’s Annual Security Report provides information about MCC’s offices and programs that provide safety support, crime statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other relevant policies and information. The report can be accessed online at mccollege.edu/annual-campus-security-report/. Paper copies of the report are available, upon request, from the Registrar’s Office located at 100 S Wacker, LL1-50, Office 204, Chicago, IL 60606.