Enrollment is now open for cohorts of healthcare programs:
- Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Sonography (January 2020)
- Surgical Technology (January 2020)
- Electroneurodiagnostic (END) Technologist (September 2019)
- Medical Assisting (September and October 2019)
- Dialysis Technologist Training Program (September and October 2019)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technology (January 2020)
We’re also accepting applications for business and English-language programs:
- Business Administration (NEW)
- Marketing (NEW)
- Accounting (NEW)
- English as a Second Language
- Vocational English as a Second Language
- English for Healthcare
Format: Hybrid (combination of face-to-face and online coursework)
We offer most of these programs just once per year. We urge you to complete these steps as soon as possible to have the best chance of gaining admittance to the program.
Here are the steps you need to complete to apply to our program.
1. Register for an Info Session with the Program Director
The program director will lead multiple info sessions in July and August to explain the program in detail to applicants. Attending an info session is a requirement for admission to this program. Fill out the form below to indicate when you’ll attend.
2. Schedule a Campus Visit to Begin the Admission Process
We’ll reach out to you to schedule a time for you to come in for an appointment with an admissions counselor. We’ll discuss the admissions process with you and will help make sure our program will help you reach your career goals. During this visit, you’ll complete an application and we’ll begin your admissions file.
When you come to your appointment, please bring with you, if available:
- State-issued photo ID
- Proof of graduation (high school diploma or transcript or GED)
3. Pay Application Fee
To begin the admissions process, please pay an application fee of $60. You will need to pay this fee to continue submitting documents to your admissions file and to continue with the financial aid process. You can pay online at mccollege.edu/pay. This payment is nonrefundable.
This application fee applies to:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technology
- Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Sonography
- Electroneurodiagnostic (END) Technologist
- Business Administration
4. What to Prepare
When you come to either the appointment with your admissions counselor or the info session, you should consider preparing the following:
- 250-300 word essay (We will email you with details on the topic.)
- Be ready to take entrance exams covering arithmetic and reading comprehension.
To help you prepare for the exams, please review these study guides:
5. Begin the Financial Aid Process
Applicants to most programs are eligible to apply for U.S. Federal Student Aid. Apply by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), an online application submitted to the U.S. Department of Education. For Midwestern Career College to receive the results, enter MCC’s Federal School Code, 041390. It may take at least three business days for MCC to receive your completed FAFSA information.
If you have questions about this process, please don’t hesitate to contact admissions at (312) 236-9000 x1.