Weiss Memorial Hospital in Chicago, IL is currently looking to hire an EEG Technician. For more details and how to apply, please see the description below:
***(Part-time, 8am – 4:30 pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday)***
Responsible for the neurodiagnostic testing of both inpatient and outpatients. Provides educational and instructional information to patients and adjusts interactions and processes to meet the individual patient’s needs. Provides a safe testing environment for the patient.
- High School diploma; some college education preferred
- Certification or diploma for an accredited Neurodiagnostic program preferred
- Must be registry or registry eligible
- Must be CPR certified.
- Two years of experience as an EEG technician, preferred.
- One year experience in intraoperative monitoring (EEG & SSEP)
- Excellent communications skills
- Must be able to work independently with proven ability to exercise independent judgment
- Good PC skills, data entry
- Demonstrates the WMH Customer Service Values, which are key in providing quality service to patients and customers.
- Properly prepares patients for neurodiagnostic testing including EEG, SSEP, and any other defined testing procedure using appropriate technique and maintaining patient safety.
- Monitors patients through SSEP and EEG in the OR and communicates to the physicians any abnormal findings or artifact.
- Obtains appropriate information from the patient for documentation in the medical record. Provides readings to the physicians for interpretation.
- Performs quality assessment and improvement activities to maintain quality of examinations, patient safety, patient care.
- Participates in the billing process (procedural CPT code designation, and the clarification and follow-up on incorrect billing occurrences), scheduling of patients, filing of diagnostic reports, maintenance of logs and inventory, ordering of equipment and supplies, general maintenance of laboratory equipment and environment.
- Maintains equipment in operating order and, detects any equipment malfunctions, and facilitates internal and external maintenance.
- Provides educational and instructional information to the patients.
- Maintains patient safety at all times. Makes decisions regarding patient’s treatment pathway for neurological testing, which matches the patient’s, educational, developmental, age-specific, and other pertinent needs.
- Communicates with physicians, especially the surgeons and medical director, regarding any patient issues or unusual findings.
- Enhances professional knowledge through participation in continuing education and developmental goals.
- Supports organizational and departmental philosophies. Participates in the quality resource management process.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, please send your resume to Denise Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the email the name of the position and company you are applying for.