UroPartners is currently seeking to hire a Medical Assistant for their Des Plaines, IL location. For more details, please see the job description below:
The Medical Assistant performs duties related to assisting the physician in the overall care of the patient. These duties include but are not limited to rooming patients, taking histories, assisting with procedures, drawing blood, ordering supplies, and performing other clerical duties as times allows.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collects urine samples, obtains medical history and notes in chart.
- Takes vitals, BP, Temperature and Weight.
- Checks that lab results, op reports, etc. are in chart.
- Take samples for Covid-19 testing
- Draws blood for labs as ordered by physician and process urinalysis.
- Sends specimens to the laboratory with necessary, accurate paperwork.
- Educates patient in catheter care, self-catheter, preparation for procedures, and injection as required.
- Performs and/or schedules Phlebotomy as required.
- Processes paper labs and imaging for physician review.
- Ensures all equipment is in working order.
- Keep appropriate logs regarding medications noting expiration dates.
- Cleans, wraps and re-sterilizes equipment.
- Transports patients in facility as directed by supervisor.
- Assist staff with preoperative preparation of patients as well as discharge preparation of patients as directed by supervisor.
- Assist in PACU as directed by supervisor.
- Responds to phone calls for test results, medication refills, postop visits, scheduling appointments, etc.
- Put patients in room, follows the initial intake process, and is available for instructions from the physician regarding the patient.
- Schedules follow up appointments for nursing treatments.
This position has no supervisory requirements.
- Required: One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred: Three to six months related experience.
Licenses and Certifications
- Required: BLS Required within 60 days of hire
- Required: Medical Assistant School Certification.
- Required: Current CPR card.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to adequately perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Reasoning Skills and Ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the following general knowledge.
- Understanding and commitment to the mission, values, and philosophy of organization
- Ability to lift and move patients, equipment/supplies.
- Ability to do much walking and physical exertion.
- Ability to use initiative in planning and organizing support staff duties.
- Ability to work independently and respond to requests from various divisions in a timely, efficient manner.
- Ability to work under emotional and physical stress.
To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical: Collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and processes.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities. Ability to work with a diverse group and build team utilizing well developed communication skills.
- Customer Service Skills: Incorporates and demonstrates customer service strategies in dealing with people in order to achieve the organization’s goal of providing quality comprehensive urological care.
- Teamwork/Cooperation: Readily shares information, knowledge and personal strengths. Seeks to understand and build on differing perspectives of others to enhance team efficiency and quality outcomes.
- Working with Others: Works well and cooperates with other staff members. Is courteous, tactful, and has a team spirit. Communicates in a clear, concise, effective, and timely manner, both orally and in writing. Displays well developed listening skills.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Ability to adapt to constantly changing circumstances while maintaining a professional perspective. Engages in continuous learning, adjusts the application of knowledge, skills and abilities while addressing new challenges as contextual realities change.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
To apply, please send your resume to Denise Alexander at email@example.com and indicate the name of the position and company.