SDS Instrument Room Tech
UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial Ambulatory Surgery Center in Tinley Park, IL is currently looking to hire a SDS Instrument Room Tech. For more details on the position, please see below:
Under the supervision of the OR Charge RN, the INSTRUMENT ROOM TECH is responsible for all the duties relating to processing of sterile supplies, preparation of instruments and the decontamination of patient related equipment. General functions include but are not limited to monitoring sterilizers and maintenance of sterilization records, issuing surgical supplies and instrumentation, maintaining inventory and PAR level data, maintaining responsibility for attendance and punctuality, promoting effective interpersonal and interdisciplinary relationships, and maintaining professional conduct at all times.
Essential Job Functions
- Fills request and issues surgical supplies and instrumentation
- Restocks and maintains inventory levels of surgical supplies and equipment
- Exhibits timely, satisfactory completion of assignments with minimal assistance
- Demonstrates a positive, supportive attitude to patient, families, and other personnel consistently in emergent and non-emergent situations
- Receives supplies from outside areas, ensuring that supplies entering sterile processing are free of external contaminants
- Maintains sterilization records
- Performs biological monitoring of sterilizers and documents in log
- Sterilizes instrument trays within specified parameters
- Maintains confidential patient and department information
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Completion of Sterile Processing Program
- Current certification preferred as a ‘Certified Sterile Processing and Technician” from the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) – or must complete certification within 6 months of hire
- Familiarity with database entry and applications (EPIC)
- 1-year experience in an acute care hospital
- The physical demand ranges from constant sedentary work with a certain amount of sitting, walking and standing to occasional light work involving lifting up to and in excess of 20 pounds of force and/or excess of 100 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: Days
- Unit/Department: Sterile Processing
- CBA Code: Non-Union
To apply, please complete an application on their website using the link below. Also, please send your resume to Denise Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the email the name of the company and the position.