Neuro Diagnostic Technologist (EEG) – Duluth, MN
St. Luke’s Healthcare System is currently looking to hire a Neuro Diagnostic Technologist (EEG) for their location in Duluth, MN. They are also offering a $2,000 sign on bonus attached, a paid internship, then a position. For additional details on the position, please read below and visit their website:
- JOB SUMMARY
- The Neuro Diagnostic Technologist (EEG) performs skilled non-invasive neurodiagnostic procedures and non-invasive cardiac procedures; responsible for general record keeping, inventory, and equipment quality control.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: At least six (6) months clinical experience with EEG instrumentation, pattern recognition and medical pharmacological conditions that influence the EEG – OR – graduate of an Electroencephalographic Technology program.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: BLS Certification with a designation of either BLS Provider or Healthcare Provider from either the American Heart Association or American Red Cross or Military Training Network.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Associates Degree in related field and/or completion of an accredited Electroencephalographic Technology program.
- Experience: One (1) to two (2) years experience as a Neurodiagnotics (EEG) Technologist.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: ABRET (American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic Technologists) certification.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to do skilled non-invasive neuro and cardiac diagnostic testing procedures; ability to follow complex oral and written instructions; exercise good judgment and accept personal responsibilities; maintain good working relationships with fellow employees; lift, move or transfer patients, records or equipmen
READING – Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- WRITING – Intermediate: Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, or procedures.
- SPEAKING – Intermediate: Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group situations or before groups of customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS – Intermediate Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw or interpret bar graphs to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- REASONING ABILITY – Intermediate Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES – Skilled at assessment and knowledgeable of growth and development. Provides appropriate care respective to the ages of the patients served per clinical environment.
To apply for this position, please visit their website at //pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/stlukes/#/job/16273